Hill race within village

stats of the week: run 26 km, cycled 107 km, hiked 9 km
stats of the previous week:  run 13 km, cycled 159 km, hiked 4 km

I introduced hill runs to my training mainly to get prepared for the Mt Ventoux half marathon on 31st July. Unexpectedly this helped me a bit to get around the 10K race I took part at Lançon. The village turned out to be sort of a mountain place. We had to run a 3.3K lap three times, it was partly so steep that I had to walk 4 short stretches. Finally I was happy to clock 54:46 min, but to rank this I have to admit that the first 80-year-old was 2 seconds in front of me and the overall winner finished sub 30 min.

photo: the very fast winners at Lançon

London Marathon reminded me that there are just 12 weeks left to the big day. The elite fields are already annonced. The countdown goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment