Strenuous but successful in Tokyo and New York

stats of the week: run 42 km, walked 35 km (NYC Half 2:03:37)
stats of the previous week: run 2 km, walked 25 km
stats of the week before: run 55 km (Tokyo Marathon 4:44:28)

These were busy and successful weeks as you see. I gained my sixth star in Tokyo. Running was the easiest task after all the covid digital bureaucracy. I was able to stick to my 5k/500m plan until 35 km, then I lost about 6 min due to more walking. However I got my big medal. 

After a week of rest I felt ready for the New York City Half marathon. Without touching my limit and despite a cold wind and temperature of -1°c I was able to finish smiling after 2:03 h. Now it is time to relax again before getting recovered for the Berlin Half. I still hope to break 2 hours in Berlin but I am not sure if recovery will be completed within 2 weeks since NY. 

Still running after 32 km:


Got the longed for medal:


Sightseeing in Tokyo:






Fuji San:


On the way to Kyoto:





A steady pace in New York with a proper age grade result:



No comments:

Post a Comment