Struggling on short distances - going far soon

stats of the week: run 16 km, cycled 98 km, walked 10 km, gym 3 h
stats of the previous week: run 47 km, gym 3 h

I took once again part in my local birth town run but for the first time I refrained from doing the half marathon and sticked to 10 K because I didn't feel ready for 21 K. Clocking at 53:32 my performance was quite okay but still 2 minutes slower than at the beginning of the year. I have to admit training was too low level to keep the former speed. It might also depend on being half a year older. Meanwhile I have to struggle even when jogging more than 5 K.

But that can't stop me. Suddenly and unexpectedly I got the chance to run this year's New York City Marathon. One can't say No to such an offer. So I will have to increase my mileage - cautiously. 7 weeks to go - let's do it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment