Another Setback

stats of the week: run 48 km, cycled 106 km, gym 3 h

I very much looked forward to run the half marathon in the Camargue. Glorious landscape, a totally flat route. So I hoped to jog easily not much more than 2 hours. Then it turned out to be kind of a hell. It was hot, the sun shined from above and from the ground as the white sand and the white salt and salines reflected the light. After a couple of kilometers my shirt was dripping wet. I kept to my planned pace until 10 K, but then the route turned to the beach into deep sand for 500 meters. From then on it was a nightmare. I could only switch between walking and slow running. It was now only a fight to reach the finish. Another disappointment after a fairly good week of training. 

However, my mood improved after I noticed the result list. At 2:11 h I was still fastest of my age group and more than half of the runners were still behind me. Not as bad as I felt. Now I urgently have to recover for a final long run before New York.

Photo: Start and finish took place in the middle of the bullfighting arena at Saline de Giraud



No comments:

Post a Comment