London #23 in the box

stats of the week: run 58 km, cycled 52 km, hiked 6 km
London Marathon result: 4:39:48 h

My hopes to repeat last year's performance at the London Marathon did not come real. I could stick to my plans up to 32 km but from then on I had to walk more than I hoped. I felt rather powerless during the final 7 km and concentrated on finishing without any health problems. The advantage of a slow finish is that the muscles recover fairly fast. On Wednesday I had no problems to jog for 5K and on Friday I was able to run faster already.

As my hopes for a start in New York had to be abandoned I will now concentrate on some speed  training for short races of 5 to 10 K. I look forward to taking part in a few local races until the year's end.










No comments:

Post a Comment