Watching, not cycling

Stats of the week: run 10 km, cycled 62 km, gym 4.5 h

The neurologist I consulted maintains that the nerve is still healing. "You might not notice it, but the healing process is still ongoing," he said. I very much hope that one day I will notice the difference.

The area on the inside of my knee remains numb and feels tight. However, running feels better than anything else, and I spontaneously took part in the local parkrun, which was celebrating its 200th event.

I set off a little too quickly, with the third kilometre turning out to be my fastest, and paid the price later by having to slow down. Even so, I was pleased to finish in exactly 28:00.

The parkrun results gave me an age grading of 65.4%. I was surprised to see that C.'s time of 33:05 corresponded to an age grading of 69.5% – considerably better than mine!

The Tour de France Femmes got underway on Saturday, and I have been watching it on television with a touch of sadness. My decision is final. I will not be driving down to the south of France, nor will I be taking part in Thursday's L'Étape.

Deep down, I know I wouldn't make it to the finish. With temperatures of around 35°C forecast, the challenge would be even greater.




No comments:

Post a Comment